In this article, we provide you with a list of the Top 5 Well-known players who played just one test match for India.
1. Robin Singh – Robin Singh might be born in Trinidad, but he played cricket for India. He made his debut in 1998 against Zimbabwe but failed to perform in both innings as a batsman. India even went on to lose the match by 61 runs. Robin Singh only scores 27 runs in both innings combined and he was removed from the squad immediately. However, Robin Singh then went on to have a great ODI career with Team India.
2. Jaydev Unadkat – Many might have forgotten this but Jaydev Unadkat has made an appearance in Test cricket for team India. He got the call to the test team in 2010 after performing brilliantly in domestic cricket. He made his debut against South Africa and failed to pick any wicket. He was never selected for India in test cricket ever after. It was quite unjust as the opponents were the mighty South Africans and even some great bowlers fail to perform well against such a strong team.
3. Karn Sharma – Karn Sharma made his test debut against Australia in 2014 and indeed had a very decent performance. In the two innings, Karn Sharma picked up 4 very important wickets. In the first innings, he picked up the wickets of the two centurions – David Warner and Michael Clarke and in the second innings he picked up the wickets of Chris Rogers and David Warner again. Despite this great performance, Karn Sharma played only 1 Test match for India because they probably expected him to bat well too being an all-rounder.
4. Vinay Kumar – Vinay Kumar made his test debut in 2012 against Australia in Perth. India lost the match by 37 runs and Vinay Kumar picked up 1 wicket only. However, it was the key wicket of Michael Hussey and it must be considered that he was not given much chance to prove himself. It was thus very unfortunate that he played only one test match in his career.
5. Naman Ojha – Another very good player to have played only 1 test match for India is Naman Ojha. The Indian wicket-keeper was picked as a replacement for Wriddhiman Saha after he got injured ahead of the third test of India’s tour of Sri Lanka in 2015. He scored 35 runs in the first innings and 21 runs in the second innings.