In this article, we will be discussing the Flop XI of Team India in this Decade (both in ODI and T20 formats).
1. Murali Vijay – Murali Vijay has played in 17 ODI matches for India in which he scored 339 runs at a strike rate of 66.99 runs. His highest score was 72 runs. In T20I, he has played only 9 matches in which he scored 169 runs at an average of 18.77 and had the highest score of just 48. He was soon dropped from both formats.
2. Parthiv Patel (WK) – Parthiv Patel has played 24 ODI matches for India in which he scored 604 runs at a strike rate of 82.06. His highest score was 95. He played only 2 T20I matches and scored 26 runs in total.
3. Robin Uthappa – Robin Uthappa played 46 ODI matches for India between 2006 and 2015 and scored just 934 runs with a strike rate of 90.6 and an average of 25.9. His highest score was 86. In T20I, he played 13 matches in which he scored 249 runs at a strike rate of 118 and an average of 24.9
4. Subramaniam Badrinath – Subramaniam Badrinath played just 4 ODI matches for India and scored a total of 40 runs at a strike rate of 47.05. His highest score was 17 runs. He played only 1 T20I match and scored 43 runs. That was back in 2011.
5. Manoj Tiwari – Kolkata’s Manoj Tiwary played 11 ODI matches for India and scored 285 runs at a strike rate of 73.64 runs. His highest score was 104*. He played 3 T20I matches as well but scored only 15 runs in total.
6. Wriddhiman Saha – Wriddhiman Saha played 9 ODI matches for Indian and batted in 5 innings. He scored 41 runs in total at a strike rate of 73.2 and an average of 13.7. He did not play a single T20I match for India.
7. Rishi Dhawan – Rishi Dhawan played in only 3 ODI matches and 1 T20I match for India. He picked up 1 wicket in each format. His economy in ODI was 6.40 while that in T20I was 10.50.
8. Abhimanyu Mithun – Abhimanyu Mithun played just 5 ODI matches for India between 2010 and 2011. He picked up a total of 3 wickets. His personal best was 2/32 and his economy was 6.76.
9. S Sreesanth – Sreesanth plated in 53 ODI matches for India. He picked up 75 wickets and his personal best was 6/55. His economy was 6.07. He also played 10 T20I matches picking up 7 wickets.
10. Ashok Dinda – Ashok Dinda featured in 13 ODI matches for India in which he picked up 12 wickets. In T20I, he played 9 matches picking up 17 wickets for India. His personal T20I best was 4/19 and his T20I economy was 8.16.
11. Pragyan Ojha – Pragyan Ojha played 18 ODI matches for India and picked up 21 wickets, His personal best was 4/38 and his Economy was 4.46. In T20I, he played 6 matches picking up 10 wickets. His personal T20I best was 4/21 and his T20 economy was 6.28.