England’s all-rounder Ben Stokes suffered an injury on Sunday while training ahead of the upcoming Ashes series.
Also Read:- Shardul Thakur engaged to longtime girlfriend Mittali Parulkar in Mumbai
Earlier this year in July, Ben Stokes took an indefinite break from cricket to focus on his mental health. Meanwhile he is also recovering from his second operation of a broken finger.
However, the 30-year-old will be making a return to international cricket after his late addition in England’s squad for the upcoming Ashes series in December.
Stokes suffered an injury to his arm while training on Sunday. He was immediately attended by doctors and physios. The Director of Cricket Ashely Giles revealed that Stokes has been doing well and is having a good time. He added that skipper Joe Root is extremely happy after knowing that Stokes will play the Ashes. He further revealed that Stokes has not played much cricket lately and the team has to work on the 30-year-old.
Also Read:– VIDEO: Bangladeshi fans chant ‘Matthew Wade’ to remind Shaheen Afridi of his 22 run over
“Ben seems to be going well and it’s just great having him around. I know Joe Root will be happy having him back in the squad. We’ve still got to be steady with him, he hasn’t played a lot of cricket lately and, going back to that prep period, it’s not ideal for anyone, but particularly the guys who haven’t had a lot of cricket under their belt. So, we’ll just keep building him up,” Giles said.
Stokes also revealed an incident which took place in a hotel room lately. He said that he was almost choked by a tablet which got stuck in his wind pipe.
“Until it actually came out, I thought this might be the end,” he added. “I was on my own in my room and I couldn’t breathe as it became lodged and started to dissolve. It felt like my mouth was on fire.”
“Without going into too much detail I have never seen as much saliva as I did on Sunday morning, it was a genuinely frightening experience,” Stokes revealed in his column for DailyMail.
The 1st Ashes test is scheduled to begin from 8th December at the Gabba in Brisbane.
Also Read:- Six Sri Lankan Women Cricketers have tested positive for Covid-19