Here are the top 9 most educated cricketers of India:-
- Ravichandran Ashwin – Ravi Ashwin pursued engineering in IT and had also made plans to become a Computer Engineer. It is later that he decided that he wanted to continue with Cricket and follow his passion.
- Javagal Srinath – The Veteran Indian pacer has completed his B.Tech from Mysore College of Engineering. Despite excelling in academics, Srinath preferred to try his luck in Cricket as that was the field he was actually interested in.
- Avishkar Salwi – Not a household name as he has not played much cricket at the International level with India but he was called the Indian Glen McGrath for his batting skills. Avishkar has a doctorate degree.
- Anil Kumble – Anil Kumble is a Mechanical Engineer. Despite always having the plans to continue with cricket itself, Anil Kumble rarely missed a class in school and was very studious.
- Rahul Dravid – Rahul Dravid has a degree in Commerce and he was pursuing MBA too which he had to leave midway after receiving his maiden callup from Team India.
- Krishnamachari Srikkanth – Kris Srikkanth has a B.Tech degree in Electrical engineering.
- Venkataraghavan – You might not be much familiar to him but Venkataraghavan was one of India’s best spinners in the 80s. He was an engineer too and after completing his cricketing career, he turned into an Umpire and gained ample fame in that field too.
- Murali Vijay – The former CSK man and India’s veteran Test batsman has a Masters degree in Economics and Philosophy. He is currently focusing solely on domestic cricket.
- Amay Khurasiya – Probably the most learned man in this list, Amay Khurasiya was an IAS officer. He turned into a cricketer later and was a brilliant batsman.